Haga clic aquí para ver esta página en español.
San Juan Development Association is announcing the application window opening for the Anvil Affordable Homeownership Lottery. This lottery program is designed to allow eligible individuals and families to purchase affordable homes in San Juan County in the Anvil Subdivision, located on West 5th Street and Martha Rose Blvd. Silverton, CO 81433. Please take note of the following important dates and instructions:
Qualification: To qualify to apply for this housing lottery, you must be within the 80% or 100% AMI Income Limit as shown below AND can verifiably demonstrate twelve (12) months of residency in San Juan County in the last twenty-four (24) months immediately prior to the opening of the application.
Application Period: Applications for the Anvil Affordable Homeownership Lottery will be accepted from November 14, 2023, to December 14, 2023. The application window opens at 12:01 AM on November 14 and closes at 11:59 PM on December 14.
Application Submission: All interested applicants must submit their applications online using the application form linked in step seven.
Mail-In Application Requests: If you require a mail-in application due to exceptional circumstances or accessibility issues, please send your request to email@example.com or call (970) 880-0278 no later than November 24, 2023. Please include your full name, mailing address, and contact number in your email request. Mail-in application materials will be provided via postal mail.
This housing lottery is for the purchase of deed-restricted single-family homes limited to 80% and 100% Area Median Income levels in the Anvil Mountain Subdivision. The estimated completion date of the home builds is between October 2024 and Fall 2025 - subject to change. This application round includes two homes restricted to an 80% income limit and one restricted to a 100% income limit. See the chart below of the 2023 San Juan County Income Limits. Use the SJDA Income Calculator (Excel Sheet) to calculate your income level.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Calculate your income level using the Income Calculator. This tool provides an estimate of your income level. If your application wins the lottery, please be aware you must provide SJDA copies of tax returns, bank account statements, and other sensitive information that allows us to verify your income level. During the initial application process, please do not share any sensitive information. Please note you must maintain your income level eligibility between the time you enter the lottery and the time of closing. Additionally, talk with your lender to understand how you must maintain your credit score from the pre-approval letter to the closing time.
If your income level is below 100% AMI, you may proceed to complete this application.
- Review deed restrictions based on what AMI level you qualify for. For example, if you have an income level of 100% or lower, review the Attainable Lot Deed-Restriction LotXX_100AMI. If you have an income level of 80% or lower, review the Attainable Lot Deed Restriction LotXX_80AMI. Be sure you are eligible and comfortable with being subject to the restrictions before proceeding with the application. Example floor plans for review are available below. Floor plans are subject to change based on the number of family members and AMI level.
FloorPlans A-715 or FloorPlans A-745
- Contact a lender and get a mortgage pre-approval letter. Recent guideline changes with the Federal National Mortgage Association make it more difficult for lenders to navigate the loan terms for deed-restricted homes. Therefore, SJDA strongly recommends working with HomesFund approved lenders and/or the Colorado Housing and Finance Authority (CHFA) approved lenders to find a mortgage product tailored to the purchase of affordable housing. Be sure to share with them the Deed Restriction of the Unit you qualify for and the Anvil Affordable Sale Prices of the homes.
*Note: if you win the lottery, be prepared to take the HomesFund Homeownership Class - this course is a requirement to receive a loan through HomesFund.
HOMESFUND APPROVED LENDER LIST
CHFA APPROVED LENDER LIST
- Read the Ownership Lottery Procedure for definitions and details about the application process. The procedure covers the priority qualifications for the lottery. Check to see if you qualify for any priority entries and what documentation is required to verify your qualification.
- If you qualify for Essential Workforce or Non-Essential Workforce in San Juan County, you must have your employer complete and submit the Employment Verification Form. Your employer must complete and send the form directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 14th, 2023.
- Review the hard copy of the application. NOTE: The hard copies are not intended to be submitted. You may only submit a hard copy of the application IF you have received permission from SJDA. The official online application will go live on the start date of the application window and must be completed online. The hard copy is intended ONLY for you to review before you complete your online application.
- Complete the Authorization to Release Information form. This document must be notarized. Citizen’s Bank and San Juan County offer notary services. Scan this form into a digital format to submit in the online application.
- Complete the application online: English or Español. Applications will open from November 14, 2023, to December 14, 2023. You must have all supporting documents ready to be uploaded to the online application before beginning.
Click here to apply in English
>A Community Information Session will be held on November 28th from 6:30pm – 8pm in the Performing Arts Center in the Silverton School. Translation services will be provided (English/Spanish).
A Homeownership Class from HomesFund will be held December 2nd from 8:30am – 4:30pm. Pre-register here: Attend A Homebuyer Education Class | HomesFund
Haga clic aquí para aplicar en español
Ownership Lottery Procedure
SJDA Purchase Application Anvil 2023 (Hard Copy)
Attainable Lots & Deed Restrictions XX-100AMI
Attainable Lots & Deed Restrictions XX-80AMI
San Juan County Income Limits
Affordable Sale Prices
Income Level Calculator (Excel sheet)
SJDA Employment Verification Form
Authorization To Release Information (English & Spanish)
Documentos en español
Procedimiento De Loteria
SJDA Solicitud De Compra Anvil 2023 (Hard Copy)
Restricciones de escritura y planos de planta A-715
Restricciones de escritura y planos de planta A-745
Lotes alcanzables y restricciones de escritura XX-100AMI
Lotes alcanzables y restricciones de escritura XX-80AMI
Límites de ingresos del condado de San Juan
Precios de venta asequibles
Calculadora de nivel de ingresos (Excel sheet)
SJDA Formulario de verificación de empleo
Autorización para divulgar información (English & Spanish)